Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Peeved Pedestrian

After reading a few of my fellow classmates post on why Bradbury might have written this novel I've came to my own conclusion, from how I see it Bradbury Didn't write this novel to tell the future or show us how important book are (not saying they aren't). He wrote this to convey a message, A message meant to open the eyes of the reader and to help them understand freedom.

Some of us are nothing but sheep. The pack does something, they follow. The pack falls off a cliff, we all fall off a cliff.

Important things can be taken right from under our noses and only a select few will notice because we are so caught up in being told what to do and not letting ourselves expand into a new horizon

I may be just spouting nonsense because of the time and I'm dead tired an unable to sleep but, from my understanding what I've said is not entirety false.

Think about the things that were foretold would happen in his book: Earbudds, FlatPannel TVs, Hospitals and more. I mean common man!

The story says "Books are against the law" Who tried to stop it? apparently no one. Think about the government today, they have tried many times to take away the simple things we have rights to. Like internet privacy, The right to bear arms, Physical privacy, and on and on.
Now its like we're taxed to live.

"Oh! You're living? Breathing? Thinking? Here let me take this, I don't think you'll need it." as he/she proceeds to take your body and soul, Mind and muscle.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right on this one. It's not just a coming off age story but also a distopia

    ReplyDelete